Teenagers attacked in Welwyn Garden City
TWO 18-year-olds were assaulted by a stranger in WGC.
The teens were talking in an area of shrubland near the junction of Broadwater Road and Stanborough Road, just before noon last Tuesday.
They were approached by a man who asked them if they had seen a big guy in blue shorts. When they said no, he became abusive, so they walked away.
The offender ran up behind them and kicked one of the men in the back. Trying to start a fight, the attacker asked his second victim if he worked in B&Q, before pushing him.
After the victims threatened to call the police, the offender attempted to shake both of their hands before getting into the back of a nearby car.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle, a black or dark brown Rover, drove off towards the Broadwater Road junction.
The suspect is described as white, aged 16 to 18, 5ft 6ins to 5ft 9ins, of stocky build and short light-brown or auburn hair swept back. He had several bruises and small cuts around the outside of both eyes, particularly the right eye.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences
He was wearing a white shirt with black pin stripes, and black trousers.
Pc Gavin Richardson said: “This was an unprovoked incident. Fortunately, neither of the men were injured.”
Call police on 0845 33 00 222.