Teen shoots The World’s End homage in Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
BEFORE film fans flock to see Welwyn Garden City in The World’s End they can see a teenager’s take on the flick in a short homage.
The four minute clip, below, was created by James Chapman and is shot in the town, just like the ‘barmeggedan’ movie – which hit screens today (Friday).
It sees the 18-year-old, and his friends re-trace the steps of stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.
They bravely battle killer robots in a quest to find their car, which they lost after a boozy night out.
The Cornetto Trilogy fans also reference the first part of the Edgar Wright directed trilogy – zombie flick Shaun of the Dead – with James wielding a cricket bat to dispatch his blue-eyed foes.
You may also want to watch:
He said: ““The video pays homage to all three films in the so-called Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy, with subtle and not so subtle references scattered throughout the video.
“It’s set in Newton Haven, and exists at the same time the movie takes place.
- 1 'Fantastic to meet everybody' - New White Horse pub manager looking forward to letting more people in on May 17
- 2 'Through the worst of it' - Funeral director looking forward to return to normality after busiest months of his 25 year career
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 'Time to deliver' - Councillors react to the May 6 local elections results
- 5 Have you seen this missing teenager from Knebworth?
- 6 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 7 County council elections round-up for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Symbolic centenary torch created by student to be stored in museum
- 10 Bob Wilson grateful for Willow Foundation support after COVID pandemic left charity in 'great danger'
The student said: “It was really fun to shoot.
“You are being unusual running around town with a cricket bat and a spade and everyone thinks ‘what are they doing’, and you are having fun pretending to hit people round the head.
“Sometimes you get strange looks when you are running around and you have to blank it.”
The ‘hungover’ duo take on the famous Newton Haven pub crawl to search for the motor.
Newton Haven is a fictional new town created for the movie and is an amalgam of WGC and nearby Letchworth.