Teashop opens at RSPCA Southridge centre for Easter
FROM Good Friday if you visit RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre you can enjoy tea, coffee and refreshments at the new teashop, Cafe Ridge. Manned by the Friends of RSPCA Southridge, the caf� will occupy a marquee overlooking fields and backing onto the rece
FROM Good Friday if you visit RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre you can enjoy tea, coffee and refreshments at the new teashop, Cafe Ridge.
Manned by the Friends of RSPCA Southridge, the caf� will occupy a marquee overlooking fields and backing onto the reception at the South Mimms centre.
All the money from the teashop will go to the care of the animals at the Packhorse Lane care home.
Terry Pavey, chairman of the Friends, told the WHT: "We hope to offer cakes, crisps, sandwiches, hot food, opening at weekends throughout the summer serving visitors and staff.
You may also want to watch:
"We'll also have a manned display featuring the work of the Friends.
"Families in nearby areas, like Potters Bar, could pop over at weekends, view the animals and spend a very pleasant hour or two.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
"It's a lovely setting - just the place to be on a sunny afternoon."
For more information call the Packhorse Lane centre on 0300 123 0704.
* The opening of the teashop coincides with the centre's Easter fair, from Good Friday until Easter Sunday.
Stalls featuring the usual bric-a-brac, clothes, toys, books, plants, home-made cakes and marmalade, will be at the event, which is also organised by the Friends.
For opening times and ticket prices call the centre on the above number.