Teashop opens at RSPCA Southridge centre for Easter
FROM Good Friday if you visit RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre you can enjoy tea, coffee and refreshments at the new teashop, Cafe Ridge. Manned by the Friends of RSPCA Southridge, the caf� will occupy a marquee overlooking fields and backing onto the rece
FROM Good Friday if you visit RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre you can enjoy tea, coffee and refreshments at the new teashop, Cafe Ridge.
Manned by the Friends of RSPCA Southridge, the caf� will occupy a marquee overlooking fields and backing onto the reception at the South Mimms centre.
All the money from the teashop will go to the care of the animals at the Packhorse Lane care home.
Terry Pavey, chairman of the Friends, told the WHT: "We hope to offer cakes, crisps, sandwiches, hot food, opening at weekends throughout the summer serving visitors and staff.
You may also want to watch:
"We'll also have a manned display featuring the work of the Friends.
"Families in nearby areas, like Potters Bar, could pop over at weekends, view the animals and spend a very pleasant hour or two.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 4 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 5 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 6 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
"It's a lovely setting - just the place to be on a sunny afternoon."
For more information call the Packhorse Lane centre on 0300 123 0704.
* The opening of the teashop coincides with the centre's Easter fair, from Good Friday until Easter Sunday.
Stalls featuring the usual bric-a-brac, clothes, toys, books, plants, home-made cakes and marmalade, will be at the event, which is also organised by the Friends.
For opening times and ticket prices call the centre on the above number.