Teashop opens at RSPCA Southridge centre for Easter
FROM Good Friday if you visit RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre you can enjoy tea, coffee and refreshments at the new teashop, Cafe Ridge. Manned by the Friends of RSPCA Southridge, the caf� will occupy a marquee overlooking fields and backing onto the rece
FROM Good Friday if you visit RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre you can enjoy tea, coffee and refreshments at the new teashop, Cafe Ridge.
Manned by the Friends of RSPCA Southridge, the caf� will occupy a marquee overlooking fields and backing onto the reception at the South Mimms centre.
All the money from the teashop will go to the care of the animals at the Packhorse Lane care home.
Terry Pavey, chairman of the Friends, told the WHT: "We hope to offer cakes, crisps, sandwiches, hot food, opening at weekends throughout the summer serving visitors and staff.
You may also want to watch:
"We'll also have a manned display featuring the work of the Friends.
"Families in nearby areas, like Potters Bar, could pop over at weekends, view the animals and spend a very pleasant hour or two.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
"It's a lovely setting - just the place to be on a sunny afternoon."
For more information call the Packhorse Lane centre on 0300 123 0704.
* The opening of the teashop coincides with the centre's Easter fair, from Good Friday until Easter Sunday.
Stalls featuring the usual bric-a-brac, clothes, toys, books, plants, home-made cakes and marmalade, will be at the event, which is also organised by the Friends.
For opening times and ticket prices call the centre on the above number.