Teashop opens at RSPCA Southridge centre for Easter
FROM Good Friday if you visit RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre you can enjoy tea, coffee and refreshments at the new teashop, Cafe Ridge. Manned by the Friends of RSPCA Southridge, the caf� will occupy a marquee overlooking fields and backing onto the rece
FROM Good Friday if you visit RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre you can enjoy tea, coffee and refreshments at the new teashop, Cafe Ridge.
Manned by the Friends of RSPCA Southridge, the caf� will occupy a marquee overlooking fields and backing onto the reception at the South Mimms centre.
All the money from the teashop will go to the care of the animals at the Packhorse Lane care home.
Terry Pavey, chairman of the Friends, told the WHT: "We hope to offer cakes, crisps, sandwiches, hot food, opening at weekends throughout the summer serving visitors and staff.
You may also want to watch:
"We'll also have a manned display featuring the work of the Friends.
"Families in nearby areas, like Potters Bar, could pop over at weekends, view the animals and spend a very pleasant hour or two.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
"It's a lovely setting - just the place to be on a sunny afternoon."
For more information call the Packhorse Lane centre on 0300 123 0704.
* The opening of the teashop coincides with the centre's Easter fair, from Good Friday until Easter Sunday.
Stalls featuring the usual bric-a-brac, clothes, toys, books, plants, home-made cakes and marmalade, will be at the event, which is also organised by the Friends.
For opening times and ticket prices call the centre on the above number.