Taxi driver robbed at knifepoint in Hatfield
A TAXI driver was robbed at knifepoint in Hatfield at the weekend.
Cash, a mobile phone and a satellite navigation system were stolen during the incident, which took place at around 2.30am on Saturday.
CCTV stills have now been released by police in an effort to encourage witnesses to come forward.
Police said it is believed a man approached the taxi driver in Parkway, WGC, and asked to be taken to an address in Hatfield.
But after the taxi stopped at Sandifield the customer threatened the driver with a knife and demanded his belongings.
You may also want to watch:
Detective sergeant Pete Ward, investigating, said: “This incident was very distressing for the driver.
“Before entering the taxi it is believed the offender engaged the man in conversation for a period of 10 minutes.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
“We know a number of people passed the taxi while this was occurring and if you believe this was you I would urge you to contact police.”
If you can help, call police on 0845 33 00 222.
* Bradley Evans, 18, from Cherry Way in Hatfield, has been charged with robbery and possession of an offensive weapon.
He has been remanded in custody to appear at St Albans Crown Court in September.