Taxi driver robbed at knifepoint in Hatfield
A TAXI driver was robbed at knifepoint in Hatfield at the weekend.
Cash, a mobile phone and a satellite navigation system were stolen during the incident, which took place at around 2.30am on Saturday.
CCTV stills have now been released by police in an effort to encourage witnesses to come forward.
Police said it is believed a man approached the taxi driver in Parkway, WGC, and asked to be taken to an address in Hatfield.
But after the taxi stopped at Sandifield the customer threatened the driver with a knife and demanded his belongings.
You may also want to watch:
Detective sergeant Pete Ward, investigating, said: “This incident was very distressing for the driver.
“Before entering the taxi it is believed the offender engaged the man in conversation for a period of 10 minutes.
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
“We know a number of people passed the taxi while this was occurring and if you believe this was you I would urge you to contact police.”
If you can help, call police on 0845 33 00 222.
* Bradley Evans, 18, from Cherry Way in Hatfield, has been charged with robbery and possession of an offensive weapon.
He has been remanded in custody to appear at St Albans Crown Court in September.