Taxi driver robbed at knifepoint in Hatfield
A TAXI driver was robbed at knifepoint in Hatfield at the weekend.
Cash, a mobile phone and a satellite navigation system were stolen during the incident, which took place at around 2.30am on Saturday.
CCTV stills have now been released by police in an effort to encourage witnesses to come forward.
Police said it is believed a man approached the taxi driver in Parkway, WGC, and asked to be taken to an address in Hatfield.
But after the taxi stopped at Sandifield the customer threatened the driver with a knife and demanded his belongings.
You may also want to watch:
Detective sergeant Pete Ward, investigating, said: “This incident was very distressing for the driver.
“Before entering the taxi it is believed the offender engaged the man in conversation for a period of 10 minutes.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
“We know a number of people passed the taxi while this was occurring and if you believe this was you I would urge you to contact police.”
If you can help, call police on 0845 33 00 222.
* Bradley Evans, 18, from Cherry Way in Hatfield, has been charged with robbery and possession of an offensive weapon.
He has been remanded in custody to appear at St Albans Crown Court in September.