Taskforce to save Welwyn garden City town Centre?
A TASKFORCE could be set up in order to improve the look and feel of WGC town centre. It would be made up of members from the WGC Forum, Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce, WGC Society and the borough council. The idea was mooted at a recent chamber meet
A TASKFORCE could be set up in order to improve the look and feel of WGC town centre.
It would be made up of members from the WGC Forum, Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce, WGC Society and the borough council.
The idea was mooted at a recent chamber meeting.
It followed a presentation by two associates of the WGC Society who had been invited along to highlight Sainsbury's negative comments about the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
Members said this was an "important comment" made by "independent professionals".
Andrew Carnegie, member of the WGC Society, said: "At the moment it [the taskforce] is in the process of completion.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 9 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
"Our aim is to make sure things get sorted, and quickly. This is vital for WGC town centre!"
Chamber of Commerce secretary Sharon Montgomery said the idea of a taskforce had been aimed to "actually get things done", by "looking at things in a positive light, rather than just moaning".
She said: "If we all get together as a group we can try and improve things; it should be a real benefit.
"I think it's a great idea.
"If it does go ahead, perhaps we can get residents involved, where they can suggest things and helps us."
Nicola Kane, the borough council's town centre manager added: "I'm all for us working together, we all have the same aspirations.
"I feel it is of value."
* Do you think the taskforce would help improve WGC town centre? Email the newsdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org