Taskforce to save Welwyn garden City town Centre?
A TASKFORCE could be set up in order to improve the look and feel of WGC town centre. It would be made up of members from the WGC Forum, Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce, WGC Society and the borough council. The idea was mooted at a recent chamber meet
A TASKFORCE could be set up in order to improve the look and feel of WGC town centre.
It would be made up of members from the WGC Forum, Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce, WGC Society and the borough council.
The idea was mooted at a recent chamber meeting.
It followed a presentation by two associates of the WGC Society who had been invited along to highlight Sainsbury's negative comments about the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
Members said this was an "important comment" made by "independent professionals".
Andrew Carnegie, member of the WGC Society, said: "At the moment it [the taskforce] is in the process of completion.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
"Our aim is to make sure things get sorted, and quickly. This is vital for WGC town centre!"
Chamber of Commerce secretary Sharon Montgomery said the idea of a taskforce had been aimed to "actually get things done", by "looking at things in a positive light, rather than just moaning".
She said: "If we all get together as a group we can try and improve things; it should be a real benefit.
"I think it's a great idea.
"If it does go ahead, perhaps we can get residents involved, where they can suggest things and helps us."
Nicola Kane, the borough council's town centre manager added: "I'm all for us working together, we all have the same aspirations.
"I feel it is of value."
* Do you think the taskforce would help improve WGC town centre? Email the newsdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org