Taskforce to save Welwyn garden City town Centre?
A TASKFORCE could be set up in order to improve the look and feel of WGC town centre. It would be made up of members from the WGC Forum, Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce, WGC Society and the borough council. The idea was mooted at a recent chamber meet
A TASKFORCE could be set up in order to improve the look and feel of WGC town centre.
It would be made up of members from the WGC Forum, Welwyn Hatfield Chamber of Commerce, WGC Society and the borough council.
The idea was mooted at a recent chamber meeting.
It followed a presentation by two associates of the WGC Society who had been invited along to highlight Sainsbury's negative comments about the town centre.
Members said this was an "important comment" made by "independent professionals".
Andrew Carnegie, member of the WGC Society, said: "At the moment it [the taskforce] is in the process of completion.
- 1 Hunt for stolen labrador puppy from Welwyn Garden City
- 2 LIVE: Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield A-level results 2022
- 3 Disney's Encanto, The Greatest Showman and Spider-Man movie set for free outdoor cinema in Welwyn Garden City town centre
- 4 Food supplements worth £100s stolen from Holland and Barrett shop
- 5 Overgrown country lane 'is danger' to users, says mother
- 6 Campaigners hit out at Spectator’s ‘the folly of garden cities’ piece
- 7 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 8 Rave reviews for Classic Ibiza concert ahead of Hatfield House return
- 9 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 10 Enjoy the battle for the best firework display at Hatfield House
"Our aim is to make sure things get sorted, and quickly. This is vital for WGC town centre!"
Chamber of Commerce secretary Sharon Montgomery said the idea of a taskforce had been aimed to "actually get things done", by "looking at things in a positive light, rather than just moaning".
She said: "If we all get together as a group we can try and improve things; it should be a real benefit.
"I think it's a great idea.
"If it does go ahead, perhaps we can get residents involved, where they can suggest things and helps us."
Nicola Kane, the borough council's town centre manager added: "I'm all for us working together, we all have the same aspirations.
"I feel it is of value."
* Do you think the taskforce would help improve WGC town centre? Email the newsdesk at email@example.com