Take up the Crossbar Challenge at Welwyn Rugby Club
REMEMBER Stuart Tinner, the man from Welwyn who won �250,000 by kicking a rugby ball against the crossbar at Wembley Stadium?
Well this weekend, you have the chance to emulate him by taking part in another Crossbar Challenge, at the rugby club where Stuart plays.
Welwyn RFC is holding its own Christmas Crossbar Challenge this Sunday and although you won’t win quarter of a million pounds for hitting the bar from 30 metres, you could win a Nintendo Wii console, donated by John Lewis Welwyn.
Guests are encouraged to come in festive fancy dress, and there will be a prize for best costume. A raffle will be held, with �100 worth of Tesco shopping vouchers among the prizes.
Event organiser Nigel Parker said: “Welwyn RFC is about rugby for all. Whatever your age and gender, we’ll accommodate you. So don’t sit at home, come and play!”
You may also want to watch:
The event is at Welwyn RFC’s home ground in Hobbs Way, WGC, from 2pm. Entry is �1.
- 1 Hertsmere MP Oliver Dowden appointed Tory co-chairman but loses secretary role
- 2 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 18 Insulate Britain protesters arrested at M25 and A1 demonstrations
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 M25 by South Mimms blocked by climate protesters
- 7 Historic Green Belt site under threat
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 Boy hit by car during Hatfield altercation
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan