Take up the Crossbar Challenge at Welwyn Rugby Club
REMEMBER Stuart Tinner, the man from Welwyn who won �250,000 by kicking a rugby ball against the crossbar at Wembley Stadium?
Well this weekend, you have the chance to emulate him by taking part in another Crossbar Challenge, at the rugby club where Stuart plays.
Welwyn RFC is holding its own Christmas Crossbar Challenge this Sunday and although you won’t win quarter of a million pounds for hitting the bar from 30 metres, you could win a Nintendo Wii console, donated by John Lewis Welwyn.
Guests are encouraged to come in festive fancy dress, and there will be a prize for best costume. A raffle will be held, with �100 worth of Tesco shopping vouchers among the prizes.
Event organiser Nigel Parker said: “Welwyn RFC is about rugby for all. Whatever your age and gender, we’ll accommodate you. So don’t sit at home, come and play!”
You may also want to watch:
The event is at Welwyn RFC’s home ground in Hobbs Way, WGC, from 2pm. Entry is �1.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man