Take up the Crossbar Challenge at Welwyn Rugby Club
REMEMBER Stuart Tinner, the man from Welwyn who won �250,000 by kicking a rugby ball against the crossbar at Wembley Stadium?
Well this weekend, you have the chance to emulate him by taking part in another Crossbar Challenge, at the rugby club where Stuart plays.
Welwyn RFC is holding its own Christmas Crossbar Challenge this Sunday and although you won’t win quarter of a million pounds for hitting the bar from 30 metres, you could win a Nintendo Wii console, donated by John Lewis Welwyn.
Guests are encouraged to come in festive fancy dress, and there will be a prize for best costume. A raffle will be held, with �100 worth of Tesco shopping vouchers among the prizes.
Event organiser Nigel Parker said: “Welwyn RFC is about rugby for all. Whatever your age and gender, we’ll accommodate you. So don’t sit at home, come and play!”
You may also want to watch:
The event is at Welwyn RFC’s home ground in Hobbs Way, WGC, from 2pm. Entry is �1.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 9 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 10 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats