Take That! F1 champ Lewis puts Gary Barlow through his paces for Comic Relief
FORMULA 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton knows all about scaling the heights in his chosen sport. And now the 24-year-old motor racer from Tewin has put Take That s Gary Barlow, Krypton Factor presenter Ben Shephard and Radio One DJ Chris Moyles through th
FORMULA 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton knows all about scaling the heights in his chosen sport.
And now the 24-year-old motor racer from Tewin has put Take That's Gary Barlow, Krypton Factor presenter Ben Shephard and Radio One DJ Chris Moyles through their paces ahead of the trio's Mount Kilimanjaro climb for Red Nose Day 2009.
Hamilton met the stars at the McLaren Technology Centre to discuss their physical and mental preparation for the climb, before getting them in gear for a workout using McLaren's exclusive fitness facilities.
Lewis said: "It is a phenomenal personal challenge that all the Comic Relief climbers are undertaking and I have a huge amount of respect for them."
You may also want to watch:
The speedster racer, whose family live in Tewin, passed on mental tips to the celebs, which he uses when hurtling around the track.
"When racing, you are always faced with challenges and they are what pushes and motivates you as a competitor, so I know what must be going through the guys' minds as they prepare for what lies ahead of them.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
"It was fantastic to welcome Gary, Ben and Chris here to McLaren and to have the opportunity to wish them, and their team-mates, the best of luck.
"They're all so determined to get to the top and raise as much cash as possible, so I'm confident they'll all make it."
After meeting with Hamilton earlier this week and taking on board his advice, Take That chart-topper Gary said: "It was amazing to speak to a world champion about the techniques he uses to stay calm under pressure.
"I know I'm fit enough to make it and now I feel mentally ready for the climb of my life."
TV presenter Ben said: "Lewis is a living legend.
"I've taken on his advice and now I'm more determined than ever to get to the summit."
Chris added: "Lewis certainly put me through my paces on the treadmill. I think he enjoyed watching me suffer!
"Perhaps his fitness will rub off on me ready for the climb.
"I'm very happy Lewis has sponsored me with such a generous amount."
The three celebs will be joined on their Kilimanjaro climb by Times Territory singing and dancing sensation Alesha Dixon.