Tackling the Three Peaks Challenge - in a pair of flip-flops
CLIMBING three of the UK's highest mountains is a gruelling enough feat in itself. But to take on the challenge in a pair of flip-flops – and to come home without so much as a blister – makes the achievement all the more incredible. Jamie Caswell was part
CLIMBING three of the UK's highest mountains is a gruelling enough feat in itself.
But to take on the challenge in a pair of flip-flops - and to come home without so much as a blister - makes the achievement all the more incredible.
Jamie Caswell was part of a team of seven paediatric nurses from the QE2 Hospital, WGC, who tackled the Three Peaks Challenge.
The foot-crippling adventure took them up the highest peaks of Scotland, England and Wales - Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon.
You may also want to watch:
In total they walked 25 miles and scaled 10,000ft over three days.
Jamie, 28, said: "I decided to wear my flip-flops just to prove a point after the girls kept telling me 'you've got to do it this way' or 'you should wear these' or 'you should wear those'!
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
"At first I just thought I'd start in them then I got to the top of Ben Nevis and it wasn't too bad at all.
"I was one of the only ones with no blisters by the end!"
The group, who all work in children's A&E at the WGC hospital, raised nearly �1,500, which will go towards a new paediatric ventilator.
Jamie was joined by colleagues Ruby Caldito, Katie Green, Lizzie Bessell, Nicole Hart, Anthea Francis and Gerry Cook. Del Smith from St John Ambulance also tagged along.
The team is still looking to build on the sponsorship total. Visit www.justgiving. com/threepeaksqe2 to help them out.