Tackling London's bridges for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
WALKING back and forth over the River Thames 14 times may not seem like everyone's cup of tea. But it will be all in a day's work for a team of intrepid fundraisers. The 60-strong group will be striding out across some of the capital s main bridges over
WALKING back and forth over the River Thames 14 times may not seem like everyone's cup of tea.
But it will be all in a day's work for a team of intrepid fundraisers.
The 60-strong group will be striding out across some of the capital's main bridges over the Thames - 14 in total.
Their efforts, tomorrow (Sunday), will raise thousands of pounds for the Hertfordshire Breast Unit Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
Cuffley woman Vicki Adkins, whom the specialist breast cancer unit at the QE2 Hospital, WGC, is named after, said the idea was mooted years ago by one of her fundraiser pals.
"Margaret Fuller suggested we do it all that time ago, and this is now our ninth year in a row we've organised it for the appeal.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 6 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
"There will be 55 to 60 of us doing it. We'll all go down together on the coach, but we all walk at our own pace and meet up at the end, hopefully!
"It's about 11 miles in total. We'll be starting at 10.30am, and aim to finish by about 4pm."
If you want to sponsor the group, call Vicki on 01707 873301 or visit www.justgiving.com/vicki-adkins