Tackling London's bridges for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
WALKING back and forth over the River Thames 14 times may not seem like everyone's cup of tea. But it will be all in a day's work for a team of intrepid fundraisers. The 60-strong group will be striding out across some of the capital s main bridges over
WALKING back and forth over the River Thames 14 times may not seem like everyone's cup of tea.
But it will be all in a day's work for a team of intrepid fundraisers.
The 60-strong group will be striding out across some of the capital's main bridges over the Thames - 14 in total.
Their efforts, tomorrow (Sunday), will raise thousands of pounds for the Hertfordshire Breast Unit Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
Cuffley woman Vicki Adkins, whom the specialist breast cancer unit at the QE2 Hospital, WGC, is named after, said the idea was mooted years ago by one of her fundraiser pals.
"Margaret Fuller suggested we do it all that time ago, and this is now our ninth year in a row we've organised it for the appeal.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 8 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 9 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
"There will be 55 to 60 of us doing it. We'll all go down together on the coach, but we all walk at our own pace and meet up at the end, hopefully!
"It's about 11 miles in total. We'll be starting at 10.30am, and aim to finish by about 4pm."
If you want to sponsor the group, call Vicki on 01707 873301 or visit www.justgiving.com/vicki-adkins