Tackling London's bridges for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
WALKING back and forth over the River Thames 14 times may not seem like everyone's cup of tea. But it will be all in a day's work for a team of intrepid fundraisers. The 60-strong group will be striding out across some of the capital s main bridges over
WALKING back and forth over the River Thames 14 times may not seem like everyone's cup of tea.
But it will be all in a day's work for a team of intrepid fundraisers.
The 60-strong group will be striding out across some of the capital's main bridges over the Thames - 14 in total.
Their efforts, tomorrow (Sunday), will raise thousands of pounds for the Hertfordshire Breast Unit Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
Cuffley woman Vicki Adkins, whom the specialist breast cancer unit at the QE2 Hospital, WGC, is named after, said the idea was mooted years ago by one of her fundraiser pals.
"Margaret Fuller suggested we do it all that time ago, and this is now our ninth year in a row we've organised it for the appeal.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 5 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 6 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 9 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 10 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
"There will be 55 to 60 of us doing it. We'll all go down together on the coach, but we all walk at our own pace and meet up at the end, hopefully!
"It's about 11 miles in total. We'll be starting at 10.30am, and aim to finish by about 4pm."
If you want to sponsor the group, call Vicki on 01707 873301 or visit www.justgiving.com/vicki-adkins