Swine Flu closes Welwyn Garden City shop
TWO shop staff have contracted swine flu forcing their store to temporarily close. The WGC workers were sent home following the outbreak and were forced to shut the unit on Monday. Howard centre manager Peter Brook said: ""Two
TWO shop staff have contracted swine flu forcing their store to temporarily close.
The workers at Claire's in the Howard Centre, WGC, were sent home following the outbreak and were forced to shut the unit on Monday.
Centre manager Peter Brook said: "Two staff have been diagnosed with swine flu.
"It's a small unit and they had to arrange support staff so decided to close temporarily."
A Claire's spokeswoman said: "It's completely safe for staff and customers, for the store to remain open."
* For more Swine Flu news see today's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 3 Work begins on Welwyn Garden City’s new-look Anniversary Gardens
- 4 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 5 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 9 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 10 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure