Which Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar shops and takeaways are open?
- Credit: Archant
Under the government shut down guidelines, shops and food deliveries are still allowed to stay open.
And to help Welwyn Hatfield businesses keep going in this difficult time, the Welwyn Hatfield Times has put together a round-up of shops, pharmacies, butchers, food stores and other shops that remain open.
Amongst them is Bob’s Family Butchers in Hatfield, Potty Pancakes in Potters Bar – which is delivering – and Grape Tree Foods in Welwyn Garden City.
Some are also just open to customers, who need emergency help – such as the bicycle shop in Welwyn Garden City, Kinetic Cycles, and opticians throughout the borough.
While others, such as property and libraries, have shifted online.
You may also want to watch:
Hertfordshire runs Borrowbox, a free ebook and audio book service, which is available to use in the comfort of your own home.
However, it is the advice of the government to only use these services and shops when it is necessary and to keep two meters apart at all times from people not in your household.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 9 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
The full list that are allowed to stay open includes supermarkets and other food shops, pharmacies including non-dispensing pharmacies, petrol stations, bicycle shops, home and hardware shops, launderettes and dry cleaners, garages, car rentals, pet shops, corner shops, newsagents, post offices and banks.
The interactive map is updated regularly but if we have missed someone please do let our team know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also use the sidebar for a full explanation of what everything represents.