Supermarket plans for Welwyn Garden City submitted
SUPERMARKET bosses have submitted long-awaited plans for a new store in WGC. The Sainsbury proposals will be put before Welwyn Hatfield councillors next Thursday. Officers have
SUPERMARKET bosses have submitted long-awaited plans for a new store in WGC.
The Sainsbury proposals will be put before Welwyn Hatfield councillors next Thursday.
Officers have recommended the plans are approved.
The retailer chose to resubmit improved plans for the site, after buying the entire block between Howardsgate, Wigmores South, Church Road and Parkway, in 2007.
You may also want to watch:
The store will be over two floors and looks set to employ over 300 staff.
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 7 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust