Supermarket plans for Welwyn Garden City submitted
SUPERMARKET bosses have submitted long-awaited plans for a new store in WGC. The Sainsbury proposals will be put before Welwyn Hatfield councillors next Thursday. Officers have
SUPERMARKET bosses have submitted long-awaited plans for a new store in WGC.
The Sainsbury proposals will be put before Welwyn Hatfield councillors next Thursday.
Officers have recommended the plans are approved.
The retailer chose to resubmit improved plans for the site, after buying the entire block between Howardsgate, Wigmores South, Church Road and Parkway, in 2007.
You may also want to watch:
The store will be over two floors and looks set to employ over 300 staff.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 9 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 10 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched