Super slimmer takes over Potters Bar weight-loss group
LOSING weight doesn't have to be about starving yourself of all the things you like, and Jo Kofou is living proof. The 44-year-old mum-of-two has just taken over as consultant at the Potters Bar branch of Slimming World – a group she joined three years ago
LOSING weight doesn't have to be about starving yourself of all the things you like, and Jo Kofou is living proof.
The 44-year-old mum-of-two has just taken over as consultant at the Potters Bar branch of Slimming World - a group she joined three years ago when she weighed 18 stone.
Since joining the group, Jo has lost more than eight stone and slimmed down to a svelte size 12, and now she's encouraging others to do the same.
"I've been following the Slimming World plan for the last three years, and I've dropped from a size 26 to a size 12. I've been through it and I feel I can take it on," said Jo.
You may also want to watch:
So exceptional is Jo's weight loss, she has featured twice in the national press as an example of what people can achieve.
"Planning your meals is really important. It's about making food accessible, cutting out too much sweet stuff, and eating tons!" she said of the Slimming World diet.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
"There's also some exercise, but in a way that it's possible for everyone to incorporate their lifestyle; I myself play tennis.
"It's more a lifestyle plan, rather than a diet. It's about educating our members to eat properly, sensibly and healthily."
Jo takes over the role from Tiffany Walker, a Slimming World team manager.
"The moment I met Jo, I knew she was going to succeed," said Tiffany, 38. "With her special qualities in mind, I had to recruit her to become a slimming world consultant.
"Due to my commitments as team manager, I made the sad decision to stand down as consultant at Potters Bar, but I knew the members would be taken care of by Jo."
Slimming World groups meet at the Church of King Charles the Martyr, Mutton Lane, on Mondays from 6pm to 7.30pm and 7.30pm to 9pm, and on Tuesdays at 10am to 11.30am.