Super slimmer takes over Potters Bar weight-loss group
LOSING weight doesn't have to be about starving yourself of all the things you like, and Jo Kofou is living proof. The 44-year-old mum-of-two has just taken over as consultant at the Potters Bar branch of Slimming World – a group she joined three years ago
LOSING weight doesn't have to be about starving yourself of all the things you like, and Jo Kofou is living proof.
The 44-year-old mum-of-two has just taken over as consultant at the Potters Bar branch of Slimming World - a group she joined three years ago when she weighed 18 stone.
Since joining the group, Jo has lost more than eight stone and slimmed down to a svelte size 12, and now she's encouraging others to do the same.
"I've been following the Slimming World plan for the last three years, and I've dropped from a size 26 to a size 12. I've been through it and I feel I can take it on," said Jo.
You may also want to watch:
So exceptional is Jo's weight loss, she has featured twice in the national press as an example of what people can achieve.
"Planning your meals is really important. It's about making food accessible, cutting out too much sweet stuff, and eating tons!" she said of the Slimming World diet.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
"There's also some exercise, but in a way that it's possible for everyone to incorporate their lifestyle; I myself play tennis.
"It's more a lifestyle plan, rather than a diet. It's about educating our members to eat properly, sensibly and healthily."
Jo takes over the role from Tiffany Walker, a Slimming World team manager.
"The moment I met Jo, I knew she was going to succeed," said Tiffany, 38. "With her special qualities in mind, I had to recruit her to become a slimming world consultant.
"Due to my commitments as team manager, I made the sad decision to stand down as consultant at Potters Bar, but I knew the members would be taken care of by Jo."
Slimming World groups meet at the Church of King Charles the Martyr, Mutton Lane, on Mondays from 6pm to 7.30pm and 7.30pm to 9pm, and on Tuesdays at 10am to 11.30am.