Subway set to double up in Potters Bar?
A NEW fast food restaurant could be set to open in Potters Bar. US sandwich chain Subway has announced plans to create 7,000 jobs across the UK and Ireland by December 2010, opening some 600 new stores in the process. The Potters Bar Edition has learned t
A NEW fast food restaurant could be set to open in Potters Bar.
US sandwich chain Subway has announced plans to create 7,000 jobs across the UK and Ireland by December 2010, opening some 600 new stores in the process.
The Potters Bar Edition has learned the company wants to launch two new stores in Times Territory, with "the area around Potters Bar, Hatfield and WGC of interest".
A spokesman for the company said: "The Subway chain is continually looking for sites to open new stores.
You may also want to watch:
"We are pleased to announce that the Subway chain is in the early stages of negotiating the opening of two new stores in the area.
"At this early stage we are unable to confirm the locations of the two new stores; however more information will be made available as the developments progress."
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
Potters Bar already has a plethora of fast food restaurants, cafeterias and eateries, including a McDonald's, Costa Coffee, Royal Chicken & Ribs and Caf� Larsen.
Indeed, the town already has a Subway outlet in Darkes Lane.