Subway set to double up in Potters Bar?
A NEW fast food restaurant could be set to open in Potters Bar. US sandwich chain Subway has announced plans to create 7,000 jobs across the UK and Ireland by December 2010, opening some 600 new stores in the process. The Potters Bar Edition has learned t
A NEW fast food restaurant could be set to open in Potters Bar.
US sandwich chain Subway has announced plans to create 7,000 jobs across the UK and Ireland by December 2010, opening some 600 new stores in the process.
The Potters Bar Edition has learned the company wants to launch two new stores in Times Territory, with "the area around Potters Bar, Hatfield and WGC of interest".
A spokesman for the company said: "The Subway chain is continually looking for sites to open new stores.
"We are pleased to announce that the Subway chain is in the early stages of negotiating the opening of two new stores in the area.
"At this early stage we are unable to confirm the locations of the two new stores; however more information will be made available as the developments progress."
- 1 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 2 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 5 'Tesco must tackle blight of trolley-dumping in Potters Bar'
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 8 Champions! Old Owens going up after securing title
- 9 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 10 Pictures of Paloma Faith and special guest Sam Ryder at Hatfield Park concert
Potters Bar already has a plethora of fast food restaurants, cafeterias and eateries, including a McDonald's, Costa Coffee, Royal Chicken & Ribs and Caf� Larsen.
Indeed, the town already has a Subway outlet in Darkes Lane.