Subway set to double up in Potters Bar?
A NEW fast food restaurant could be set to open in Potters Bar. US sandwich chain Subway has announced plans to create 7,000 jobs across the UK and Ireland by December 2010, opening some 600 new stores in the process. The Potters Bar Edition has learned t
A NEW fast food restaurant could be set to open in Potters Bar.
US sandwich chain Subway has announced plans to create 7,000 jobs across the UK and Ireland by December 2010, opening some 600 new stores in the process.
The Potters Bar Edition has learned the company wants to launch two new stores in Times Territory, with "the area around Potters Bar, Hatfield and WGC of interest".
A spokesman for the company said: "The Subway chain is continually looking for sites to open new stores.
You may also want to watch:
"We are pleased to announce that the Subway chain is in the early stages of negotiating the opening of two new stores in the area.
"At this early stage we are unable to confirm the locations of the two new stores; however more information will be made available as the developments progress."
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
Potters Bar already has a plethora of fast food restaurants, cafeterias and eateries, including a McDonald's, Costa Coffee, Royal Chicken & Ribs and Caf� Larsen.
Indeed, the town already has a Subway outlet in Darkes Lane.