Subway set to double up in Potters Bar?
A NEW fast food restaurant could be set to open in Potters Bar. US sandwich chain Subway has announced plans to create 7,000 jobs across the UK and Ireland by December 2010, opening some 600 new stores in the process. The Potters Bar Edition has learned t
A NEW fast food restaurant could be set to open in Potters Bar.
US sandwich chain Subway has announced plans to create 7,000 jobs across the UK and Ireland by December 2010, opening some 600 new stores in the process.
The Potters Bar Edition has learned the company wants to launch two new stores in Times Territory, with "the area around Potters Bar, Hatfield and WGC of interest".
A spokesman for the company said: "The Subway chain is continually looking for sites to open new stores.
You may also want to watch:
"We are pleased to announce that the Subway chain is in the early stages of negotiating the opening of two new stores in the area.
"At this early stage we are unable to confirm the locations of the two new stores; however more information will be made available as the developments progress."
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
Potters Bar already has a plethora of fast food restaurants, cafeterias and eateries, including a McDonald's, Costa Coffee, Royal Chicken & Ribs and Caf� Larsen.
Indeed, the town already has a Subway outlet in Darkes Lane.