Subway in Potters Bar granted late night licence
A SANDWICH bar in Potters Bar has been granted an application to stay open until 2am.
Subway, based at Metropolitan House in Darkes Lane, originally requested to stay open and sell takeaway food throughout the early hours until 4am.
But at a licence hearing of Hertsmere Borough Council on July 28 certain conditions were placed on the application, restricting the times.
The licensing application was therefore granted for the fast food restaurant to stay open until 1.30am, from Sunday to Thursday, and 2am on Friday and Saturday.
Phil Andrews, licensing officer, said: “After hearing representations from the police and the planning department, the committee decided to grant the licence with certain conditions.”
You may also want to watch:
When the new timings take hold Subway will be required to have a door supervisor from 11pm and also provide more temporary rubbish bins.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Have you seen this highly sentimental stolen jewellery?