Subway in Potters Bar granted late night licence
A SANDWICH bar in Potters Bar has been granted an application to stay open until 2am.
Subway, based at Metropolitan House in Darkes Lane, originally requested to stay open and sell takeaway food throughout the early hours until 4am.
But at a licence hearing of Hertsmere Borough Council on July 28 certain conditions were placed on the application, restricting the times.
The licensing application was therefore granted for the fast food restaurant to stay open until 1.30am, from Sunday to Thursday, and 2am on Friday and Saturday.
Phil Andrews, licensing officer, said: “After hearing representations from the police and the planning department, the committee decided to grant the licence with certain conditions.”
You may also want to watch:
When the new timings take hold Subway will be required to have a door supervisor from 11pm and also provide more temporary rubbish bins.
- 1 Hatfield House gives free passes to those in need
- 2 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 3 Person on railway between Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar
- 4 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 5 From 'half-baked' to a New Town - did planners keep their promise to make Hatfield a 'pleasant land'?
- 6 Several keyless cars stolen from neighbourhood within 15 hour period
- 7 Two charged after more than 100 wraps of crack and heroin seized
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 10 Hatfield school appoints new headteacher