Subway asks for late-night opening in Potters Bar
SANDWICHES and other refreshments could be sold late into the night if the bosses of a fast food restaurant in Potters Bar get their way.
The franchisees of Subway, based at Metropolitan House, in Darkes Lane, have asked Hertsmere Borough Council for permission to sell takeaway food between 11pm and 4am Monday to Saturday.
They also want to extend their opening hours until 1am on Sundays.
News of these proposals is likely to alarm residents who are already concerned about late night anti-social behaviour in Darkes Lane.
However, the licensing application does include a number of measures aimed at preventing such problems, including the provision of CCTV cameras and a door supervisor who would work between 11pm and 4am.
You may also want to watch:
It also states explicitly that no alcohol will be sold.
The application is currently out to public consultation until July 1.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
Residents can comment on it by writing to Phil Andrews, Licensing, Hertsmere Borough Council, Civic Offices, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, WD6 1WA.