Subway asks for late-night opening in Potters Bar
SANDWICHES and other refreshments could be sold late into the night if the bosses of a fast food restaurant in Potters Bar get their way.
The franchisees of Subway, based at Metropolitan House, in Darkes Lane, have asked Hertsmere Borough Council for permission to sell takeaway food between 11pm and 4am Monday to Saturday.
They also want to extend their opening hours until 1am on Sundays.
News of these proposals is likely to alarm residents who are already concerned about late night anti-social behaviour in Darkes Lane.
However, the licensing application does include a number of measures aimed at preventing such problems, including the provision of CCTV cameras and a door supervisor who would work between 11pm and 4am.
You may also want to watch:
It also states explicitly that no alcohol will be sold.
The application is currently out to public consultation until July 1.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
Residents can comment on it by writing to Phil Andrews, Licensing, Hertsmere Borough Council, Civic Offices, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, WD6 1WA.