Subway asks for late-night opening in Potters Bar
SANDWICHES and other refreshments could be sold late into the night if the bosses of a fast food restaurant in Potters Bar get their way.
The franchisees of Subway, based at Metropolitan House, in Darkes Lane, have asked Hertsmere Borough Council for permission to sell takeaway food between 11pm and 4am Monday to Saturday.
They also want to extend their opening hours until 1am on Sundays.
News of these proposals is likely to alarm residents who are already concerned about late night anti-social behaviour in Darkes Lane.
However, the licensing application does include a number of measures aimed at preventing such problems, including the provision of CCTV cameras and a door supervisor who would work between 11pm and 4am.
You may also want to watch:
It also states explicitly that no alcohol will be sold.
The application is currently out to public consultation until July 1.
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 7 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
Residents can comment on it by writing to Phil Andrews, Licensing, Hertsmere Borough Council, Civic Offices, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, WD6 1WA.