Stylists give advice in Welwyn Garden City
FASHION experts were on hand to give the best advice on what to do with charity shop clothes.
The pros were on hand as part of the Oxfam Spring Fashion Event, which helped launched the charity’s spring range.
The evening, held at the WGC shop, in Fretherne Road, raised �600.
Sonia Illes said: “That money will buy a rescue boat to help transport people and their livestock to safer, higher ground during flooding.
“Oxfam is helping provide rescue boats for people in countries such as Pakistan who experience regular flooding,” she added.
“Local committees manage and maintain the boats throughout the year.
“When the river levels are low, they loan out the boats, which has helped create a fund to repair and maintain the rescue boats.”
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 5 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 6 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 8 Drug dealer jailed after £9,000 worth of crack cocaine found in bedroom
- 9 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 10 Spate of Welwyn burglaries leads to Safer Streets push