Stylists give advice in Welwyn Garden City
FASHION experts were on hand to give the best advice on what to do with charity shop clothes.
The pros were on hand as part of the Oxfam Spring Fashion Event, which helped launched the charity’s spring range.
The evening, held at the WGC shop, in Fretherne Road, raised �600.
Sonia Illes said: “That money will buy a rescue boat to help transport people and their livestock to safer, higher ground during flooding.
“Oxfam is helping provide rescue boats for people in countries such as Pakistan who experience regular flooding,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
“Local committees manage and maintain the boats throughout the year.
“When the river levels are low, they loan out the boats, which has helped create a fund to repair and maintain the rescue boats.”
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 4 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder