Stylists give advice in Welwyn Garden City
FASHION experts were on hand to give the best advice on what to do with charity shop clothes.
The pros were on hand as part of the Oxfam Spring Fashion Event, which helped launched the charity’s spring range.
The evening, held at the WGC shop, in Fretherne Road, raised �600.
Sonia Illes said: “That money will buy a rescue boat to help transport people and their livestock to safer, higher ground during flooding.
“Oxfam is helping provide rescue boats for people in countries such as Pakistan who experience regular flooding,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
“Local committees manage and maintain the boats throughout the year.
“When the river levels are low, they loan out the boats, which has helped create a fund to repair and maintain the rescue boats.”
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn