Stupid vandals cut wrong Hatfield cable
STUPID vandals attempting to stop speed cameras on the A1(M) from working, have cut the wrong cables – TWICE. The fibre optic cabling has twice been sabotaged. Police believe the criminals were aiming for the 40mph speed cameras slowing traffic down whi
STUPID thieves attempting to stop speed cameras on the A1(M) from working, have cut the wrong cables - TWICE.
The fibre optic cabling has twice been sabotaged.
Police believe the criminals were aiming for the 40mph speed cameras slowing traffic down while work is carried out in the Hatfield Tunnel.
But they are simply disabling the traffic management cameras, which monitor the flow between junctions three and four.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Steve Warman said: "Cutting safety equipment is a serious offence
and we would urge those responsible to think about the consequences of their actions."
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 10 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
A Highways Agency spokesman added: "We are working with the police to increase patrols.
"If the cameras are cut it poses a big safety risk."
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 0845 33 00 222.