Stupid vandals cut wrong Hatfield cable
STUPID vandals attempting to stop speed cameras on the A1(M) from working, have cut the wrong cables – TWICE. The fibre optic cabling has twice been sabotaged. Police believe the criminals were aiming for the 40mph speed cameras slowing traffic down whi
STUPID thieves attempting to stop speed cameras on the A1(M) from working, have cut the wrong cables - TWICE.
The fibre optic cabling has twice been sabotaged.
Police believe the criminals were aiming for the 40mph speed cameras slowing traffic down while work is carried out in the Hatfield Tunnel.
But they are simply disabling the traffic management cameras, which monitor the flow between junctions three and four.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Steve Warman said: "Cutting safety equipment is a serious offence
and we would urge those responsible to think about the consequences of their actions."
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust
A Highways Agency spokesman added: "We are working with the police to increase patrols.
"If the cameras are cut it poses a big safety risk."
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 0845 33 00 222.