Stupid vandals cut wrong Hatfield cable
STUPID vandals attempting to stop speed cameras on the A1(M) from working, have cut the wrong cables – TWICE. The fibre optic cabling has twice been sabotaged. Police believe the criminals were aiming for the 40mph speed cameras slowing traffic down whi
STUPID thieves attempting to stop speed cameras on the A1(M) from working, have cut the wrong cables - TWICE.
The fibre optic cabling has twice been sabotaged.
Police believe the criminals were aiming for the 40mph speed cameras slowing traffic down while work is carried out in the Hatfield Tunnel.
But they are simply disabling the traffic management cameras, which monitor the flow between junctions three and four.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Steve Warman said: "Cutting safety equipment is a serious offence
and we would urge those responsible to think about the consequences of their actions."
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
A Highways Agency spokesman added: "We are working with the police to increase patrols.
"If the cameras are cut it poses a big safety risk."
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 0845 33 00 222.