Stupid name next live date at Club 85
THEY may be named after a feeble-minded amphibian, but Frog Stupid s music is anything but slow. The band are Chris Hollis (vocals, guitar), Rosie Allen (bass, vocals), Ben Davies (saxophone, vocals), Gordon Black (trumpet, vocals) and Tom Willcox (drums)
THEY may be named after a feeble-minded amphibian, but Frog Stupid's music is anything but slow.
The band are Chris Hollis (vocals, guitar), Rosie Allen (bass, vocals), Ben Davies (saxophone, vocals), Gordon Black (trumpet, vocals) and Tom Willcox (drums).
The five-piece, whose rather whimsical motto is "love and ambition won't get you a pay rise" play an infectious brand of ska-punk, influenced by Million Dead, Howards Alias and No Comply.
The group have received a number of good live reviews, including from BBC Three Counties, which described their music as "cheeky ska and emotive breakdowns, along with a brilliant sense of political awareness and an energetic live show."
You may also want to watch:
Judge for yourself when Frog Stupid come to Club 85 in Hitchin next Friday, April 17.
Also playing will be My Pet Junkie, The Dirty Youth and Hooverhead.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
The show starts at 7.45pm and the music is expected to finish at 11.45pm.
Tickets cost �5 at the door.
For more information go to www.myspace.com/frogstupid