Stupid name next live date at Club 85
THEY may be named after a feeble-minded amphibian, but Frog Stupid s music is anything but slow. The band are Chris Hollis (vocals, guitar), Rosie Allen (bass, vocals), Ben Davies (saxophone, vocals), Gordon Black (trumpet, vocals) and Tom Willcox (drums)
THEY may be named after a feeble-minded amphibian, but Frog Stupid's music is anything but slow.
The band are Chris Hollis (vocals, guitar), Rosie Allen (bass, vocals), Ben Davies (saxophone, vocals), Gordon Black (trumpet, vocals) and Tom Willcox (drums).
The five-piece, whose rather whimsical motto is "love and ambition won't get you a pay rise" play an infectious brand of ska-punk, influenced by Million Dead, Howards Alias and No Comply.
The group have received a number of good live reviews, including from BBC Three Counties, which described their music as "cheeky ska and emotive breakdowns, along with a brilliant sense of political awareness and an energetic live show."
You may also want to watch:
Judge for yourself when Frog Stupid come to Club 85 in Hitchin next Friday, April 17.
Also playing will be My Pet Junkie, The Dirty Youth and Hooverhead.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
The show starts at 7.45pm and the music is expected to finish at 11.45pm.
Tickets cost �5 at the door.
For more information go to www.myspace.com/frogstupid