'Stunning' Spring Show held in Potters Bar
SPRING is very much upon us, and no where more so it seems than in Potters Bar. The Potters Bar and District Horticultural Society held its spring show at the Elm Court Community Centre in Mutton Lane, amid displays of daffodils, spring flowers, plants an
SPRING is very much upon us, and no where more so it seems than in Potters Bar.
The Potters Bar and District Horticultural Society held its spring show at the Elm Court Community Centre in Mutton Lane, amid displays of daffodils, spring flowers, plants and blossom.
In total, 26 society members put on 219 exhibits, and visitors were able buy plants to take home with them.
Society spokeswoman Margaret Brand said: "It was one of the best days we've had.
You may also want to watch:
"The displays were just stunning, and it was breathtaking to walk into the hall.
"We had a high attendance and everybody seemed to enjoy themselves, it was lovely."
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
It is a busy time for the society, with a summer show planned for July and an autumn exhibition in September.
The society will also have a stall at the highly-anticipated Potters Bar Carnival on June 14.
Anyone with an interest in gardening is welcome to join the society, which meets fortnightly at Elm Court Community Centre.
For more information or for a programme of events, contact Ruth Ackerley on 01707 665101.