'Stunning' Spring Show held in Potters Bar
SPRING is very much upon us, and no where more so it seems than in Potters Bar. The Potters Bar and District Horticultural Society held its spring show at the Elm Court Community Centre in Mutton Lane, amid displays of daffodils, spring flowers, plants an
SPRING is very much upon us, and no where more so it seems than in Potters Bar.
The Potters Bar and District Horticultural Society held its spring show at the Elm Court Community Centre in Mutton Lane, amid displays of daffodils, spring flowers, plants and blossom.
In total, 26 society members put on 219 exhibits, and visitors were able buy plants to take home with them.
Society spokeswoman Margaret Brand said: "It was one of the best days we've had.
You may also want to watch:
"The displays were just stunning, and it was breathtaking to walk into the hall.
"We had a high attendance and everybody seemed to enjoy themselves, it was lovely."
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
It is a busy time for the society, with a summer show planned for July and an autumn exhibition in September.
The society will also have a stall at the highly-anticipated Potters Bar Carnival on June 14.
Anyone with an interest in gardening is welcome to join the society, which meets fortnightly at Elm Court Community Centre.
For more information or for a programme of events, contact Ruth Ackerley on 01707 665101.