Strictly Come Dancing judge Alesha Dixon adopts new puppy
SHE maybe a celebrity but WGC dancing star Alesha Dixon is all heart. Strictly Come Dancing's newest judge has adopted her second dog from RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre in South Mimms. Staff were 'delighted ' to let Alesha, who won the glittering BBC On
SHE maybe a celebrity but WGC dancing star Alesha Dixon is all heart.
Strictly Come Dancing's newest judge has adopted her second dog from RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre in South Mimms.
Staff were "delighted" to let Alesha, who won the glittering BBC One dancing show back in 2007, take home Daisy, a tri-coloured crossbreed.
Alesha, a former Monk's Walk pupil and Mis-Teeq starlet, said: "I took a drive up to RSPCA Southridge in July as I was on the lookout for a companion for my dog Roxy [who she adopted in October 2006].
You may also want to watch:
"I saw little 11-week-old Daisy and fell in love with her straight away."
Alesha, who will appear on the Strictly Come Dancing judging panel when it returns for its seventh series in autumn, added: "Daisy has settled in with Roxy very well and they play together a lot.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
"At the moment she is in the process of being house trained and is responding really well.
"She is a little darling."
A spokesman for the Packhorse Lane animal centre said down-to-earth Alesha was very good with dogs.
She added: "Alesha is a lovely girl, very polite and unassuming.
"She absolutely loves animals and we were more than happy to place the second dog with her after she first adopted from us."
If you would like to follow in Alesha's footsteps and adopt a dog from RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre call the animal care home on 0300 123 0704.