Steps to help you quit on No Smoking Day
SINCE last year's No Smoking Day it is estimated that over 750 people in Welwyn Hatfield have stubbed out cigarettes from their life. Well it s that time of year again, where smokers across the UK will be expected to quit the fags in order to celebrate (o
SINCE last year's No Smoking Day it is estimated that over 750 people in Welwyn Hatfield have stubbed out cigarettes from their life.
Well it's that time of year again, where smokers across the UK will be expected to quit the fags in order to celebrate (or commiserate!) No Smoking Day.
Whether it be for the day or even for life, the gauntlet is set for all of those addicted to the tar fuelled white sticks to kick the habit.
To help all of you taking part and struggling this year, the East and North Hertfordshire PCT has released its best hints and tips, based around the theme - Take The First Step.
See if its advice can help:
* Find a buddy who's also going to stop smoking - it's easier if you've got a friend
- 1 'Best headteacher' leaves Hatfield school
- 2 From Welwyn Garden City to Colorado: The long-distance fiancées fundraising for a UK visa
- 3 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 4 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 5 Christmas gifts and hampers stolen from garden centre
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 'It's incredible that this could save someone’s life'
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Runners get festive for Garden City race
- 10 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
* Throw away ashtrays, lighters and cigarettes - you are no longer a smoker
* Patches and nicotine gum are a great way to stop the cravings - and available on prescription from your doctor
* Enrol in a free NHS stop smoking course - call 0800 389 3 998 or go to www.hpherts.nhs.uk
* Avoid anyone who isn't supporting your quit attempt
* Get out for a walk every time you feel tempted to smoke
* Join a gym and enjoy a healthy new you
* Fill the fridge with healthy, low calorie snacks like carrot sticks and celery so if you're tempted to eat rather than smoke you won't pile on the pounds
The best reasons for you to quit, as always are very clear, but did you know within weeks of stopping, you can dramatically improve you circulation.
This year you can also help charity by quitting the fags.
As WGC clinical hypnotherapist Irene Droemert is offering 10 per cent of her fee to Isabel Hospice.
"I am always looking for ways to encourage people to stop smoking, and I hope that passing on 10 per cent of my fees will be an incentive to give up smoking and support a good cause at the same time."
You can contact Irene on 01707 376624 or visit www.welwyn-hypnosis.co.uk