Stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in Welwyn Garden City for filming of new movie The World’s End
FILM stars Nick Frost and Simon Pegg were on set in Welwyn Garden City today as they shot scenes for new movie The World’s End.
Larger-than-life funnyman Frost was in Parkway and was seen cracking jokes with the film’s director Edgar Wright.
The film’s other star, Simon Pegg, who has appeared in Star Trek and Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol was also part of the movie entourage but was disguised in a grey cap.
The filming took place in three sites in Parkway, as well as in pubs The Peartree and The Doctors Tonic.
The short ‘flashback’ scenes shot in Parkway showed youngsters playing historical versions of the adult leads – a classic Pegg/Wright tactic, which was used extensively in cult sitcom Spaced.
At one point one boy was seen being carried by another in a piggyback across a grassy area in Parkway.
Onlookers gathered as set assistants stopped traffic to allow filming and were excited to see star Nick Frost clad in an unseasonal-looking padded gillet.
- 1 Crane hire company with Welwyn Garden City depot goes into administration
- 2 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 3 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
- 4 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Disney's Encanto, The Greatest Showman and Spider-Man movie set for free outdoor cinema in Welwyn Garden City town centre
- 7 Family raises funeral funds for mum who was known for helping others
- 8 New Armed Forces & Veterans Breakfast Club launching at Two Willows pub in Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 10 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
The Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead actor was clearly distracted as a runner brought a couple of Cornettos into a gazebo he was in – his character regular plays a fan of the ice cream.
And the film along with Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead is known as either the Cornetto Trilogy or the Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy.