Stars out in force as Potters Bar mum picks up Tesco prize
A POTTERS Bar woman named Tesco Magazine Community Mum of the Year has picked up her award at a star-studded ceremony at the Waldorf Hilton Hotel in London.
Di Godin, 45, who has twice beaten breast cancer, was honoured for her tireless charity and community work.
After a gala lunch and the awards, hosted by TV presenter Fiona Phillips, there were musical performances from Beverly Knight, The Overtones and former X Factor winner Shayne Ward.
The awards were also attended by Celebrity Mum of the Year Sally Dynevor – who plays Sally Webster in Coronation Street – actress Emilia Fox, former England rugby star Matt Dawson, and radio DJ Sara Cox.
The celebrations continued as Di, of Oakroyd Avenue, and the other winning mums were whisked off to Westminster, where MP Emily Thornberry, the shadow health minister, entertained them in the House of Commons.
You may also want to watch:
Di’s final treat will be a one-week holiday to Cyprus courtesy of First Choice and the Cyprus Tourist Board.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire