Starke injury news for Rye House reserve
INJURED Rocket Paul Starke is out with a badly broken collarbone.
Hospital X-rays following Starke’s nasty tumble at Newport confirmed that the British Under-21 finalist will be sidelined for the rest of the season.
The injury has now been pinned and plated.
Team manager John Sampford is under no illusions as to the task at hand in the forthcoming Young Shield.
He said: “It makes a tough job even tougher. We were already operating Rider-Replacement for Robbie Kessler, which allowed only Stefan Ekberg and the two reserves to take the replacement rides.
You may also want to watch:
“Now we will have to use a National League guest to cover for Paul as well.”
No new rider can be signed because of the BSPA rule which bars new signings after September 15.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
The Rockets are at present giving consideration to taking a gamble on a teenager with an eye to the future, but that decision has yet to be made.