Stage times announced for Metallica and Linkin Park at Knebworth's Sonisphere Festival
ROCK fans now know when headliners Metallica and Linkin Park will take to the stage at this weekend's Sonisphere Festival. Set times for the metal spectacular at Knebworth have been announced by organisers. The two-day music event starts tomorrow (Saturday)
ROCK fans now know when headliners Metallica and Linkin Park will take to the stage at this weekend's Sonisphere Festival.
Set times for the metal spectacular at Knebworth have been announced by organisers.
The two-day music event starts tomorrow (Saturday) with SOiL the first act on in the main arena.
The American metal group will kick-off the inaugural Sonisphere in this country at noon on the smaller Saturn second stage.
You may also want to watch:
Alien Ant Farm will be the first group on the larger Apollo main stage.
Acts will then alternate between the two outdoor stages throughout the day, with five minute intervals between bands - meaning music fans won't miss a single riff.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 3 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 4 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
Saturday headliners Linkin Park, the multi-million selling nu-metal group fronted by Chester Bennington, take to the Apollo stage at 9pm.
Other Saturday highlights will include Heaven & Hell - effectively Black Sabbath minus Ozzy Osbourne - on at 6.40pm for an hour on the Apollo stage, and Saturn headliners Bullet for My Valentine will entertain the crowds from 7.50pm.
There will also be acts on in the Bohemia tent all day, with Thunder playing their farewell gig at 11pm after Linkin Park have come off the main stage.
Bands will start slightly earlier on Sunday with Buckcherry opening proceedings at 11.20am.
Limp Bizkit will take to the Apollo stage at 4.40pm, just minutes after Feeder have finished their 45-minute set at the other end of the arena.
Nine Inch Nails will reportedly playing their final European date at 6.35pm before headliners Metallica close matters with a full two-hour set from 8.45pm.
For a full list of set times, click on the link below.