Stage times announced for Metallica and Linkin Park at Knebworth's Sonisphere Festival
ROCK fans now know when headliners Metallica and Linkin Park will take to the stage at this weekend's Sonisphere Festival. Set times for the metal spectacular at Knebworth have been announced by organisers. The two-day music event starts tomorrow (Saturday)
ROCK fans now know when headliners Metallica and Linkin Park will take to the stage at this weekend's Sonisphere Festival.
Set times for the metal spectacular at Knebworth have been announced by organisers.
The two-day music event starts tomorrow (Saturday) with SOiL the first act on in the main arena.
The American metal group will kick-off the inaugural Sonisphere in this country at noon on the smaller Saturn second stage.
You may also want to watch:
Alien Ant Farm will be the first group on the larger Apollo main stage.
Acts will then alternate between the two outdoor stages throughout the day, with five minute intervals between bands - meaning music fans won't miss a single riff.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
Saturday headliners Linkin Park, the multi-million selling nu-metal group fronted by Chester Bennington, take to the Apollo stage at 9pm.
Other Saturday highlights will include Heaven & Hell - effectively Black Sabbath minus Ozzy Osbourne - on at 6.40pm for an hour on the Apollo stage, and Saturn headliners Bullet for My Valentine will entertain the crowds from 7.50pm.
There will also be acts on in the Bohemia tent all day, with Thunder playing their farewell gig at 11pm after Linkin Park have come off the main stage.
Bands will start slightly earlier on Sunday with Buckcherry opening proceedings at 11.20am.
Limp Bizkit will take to the Apollo stage at 4.40pm, just minutes after Feeder have finished their 45-minute set at the other end of the arena.
Nine Inch Nails will reportedly playing their final European date at 6.35pm before headliners Metallica close matters with a full two-hour set from 8.45pm.
For a full list of set times, click on the link below.