Hatfield care home resident and ex-zookeeper joins wellbeing team
- Credit: Archant
A Hatfield care home resident has joined HC-One St Christopher’s wellbeing team after brightening their day.
Christopher Trusler, known as ‘Chris’, enjoys not only participating in activities over the last four years, but also helping to arrange activities and create new ideas.
Chris has a main focus of bringing joy to the other residents who are unable to leave their bedroom.
He also takes a very active role in various projects around the home according to staff.
The ex-zookeeper also takes great pride in being a main caregiver to the tortoises that live at the care home and helps to complete their daily notes and feed them each morning.
You may also want to watch:
As a result of everything he does, St Christopher’s colleagues gave him an ‘everyday occupation’ of wellbeing assistant badge in order to make others aware of the essential role he plays within St Christopher’s care home.
One member of the team said: “Seeing Chris with a beaming smile on his face was a lovely feeling for all staff.”
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'