Spurs midfielder David Bentley charged with drink driving
SPURS and England midfielder David Bentley has been charged with drink-driving after a late night car accident in Northaw. The 24-year-old smashed his black Porsche 911 into a lamppost at
SPURS and England midfielder David Bentley has been charged with drink-driving after a late night car accident in Northaw.
The 24-year-old smashed his black Porsche 911 into a lamppost at 3am today (Thursday).
A police spokeswoman said: "Police were called at just gone 3am this morning to reports of a single vehicle road traffic collision in Judges Hill, Northaw.
"The vehicle was in collision with a street lamp."
You may also want to watch:
She added: "David Bentley, 24, from Cuffley has today been charged with a drink drive offence and has been released on bail to return to St Albans magistrates on August 28."
Tottenham Hotspur's Premier League campaign kicks off on Sunday against Liverpool at White Hart Lane.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 2 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 6 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping