Spurs legend Mabbutt to sign copies of book in Hatfield
FOOTBALL legend Gary Mabbutt, who has Type 1 diabetes, will be signing copies of a book written by a young diabetes suffer’s mum in Hatfield on Sunday (November 21).
The Brookmans Park resident, who was Spurs captain and was capped 16 times for England, will be signing copies of Why Can’t I Fly? by Trisha Bridger.
The 39-year-old mum was inspired to write the book, which is in aid of charity Diabetes UK, by her eight-year-old daughter Niamh’s struggle with the condition.
Gary, who won the FA Cup in 1991 with Tottenham, will be at Waterstones in The Galleria on Sunday from 11.30am to 12.30pm for the book signing.
The book has also won the backing of ice skating legend Jane Torvill and This Morning stars Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield.
You may also want to watch:
Author Trisha said: “Gary Mabbutt is living testimony that you shouldn’t live your life around diabetes but work the condition around your life – by following this, his own philosophy, he has achieved great success in life.
“I’m delighted he’s made the time to come to the Hatfield book signing.”
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
* Why can’t I Fly? is available at all Waterstones bookshops and online; British Bookshops and Stationers; and all bookshops via Nielsen Book Data Agency. It can also be ordered through the book’s website at www.wubblybubblybooks.com.
Call Waterstones Hatfield on 01707 270161 for pre-order copies of Why Can’t I Fly? with a personalised message from Gary Mabbutt.