Spurs fan to play against boyhood heroes in Champions League tonight
A FOOTBALLER and boyhood Spurs fan from Potters Bar will be among the Young Boys attempting to derail Tottenham’s Champions League dream tonight (Tuesday).
Former Chancellor’s School student Scott Sutter was part of the Swiss side’s 25-man squad that took on Spurs in the first leg of the tournament’s third qualifying round.
Sutter, who was born in Enfield and raised in Potters Bar, started his career with Millwall Under-10s.
He later moved on to Barnet and then Charlton, before quitting England to join Grasshoppers in Switzerland.
Sutter, 24, then joined Young Boys in Bern last summer, but admitted he still remains a firm Spurs supporter.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m definitely still a fan of Spurs,” he said.
“A lot of the Premier League gets televised over here and, when I haven’t got a game myself or if I’m in a hotel then I’ll definitely try to watch it.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
“I think when you start playing professionally then you lose a little bit of that, the way it used to be, but I do still watch out for Tottenham and hope that they do well.”
Sutter, whose father is Swiss, added: “Hopefully we go through; it’s a great experience for us as well, trying to get into the Champions League, but if not then at least Tottenham are in the next stage instead.
“I suppose that if we lose, I’m glad it will be them!”
The second leg of the tie will take place at White Hart Lane next Wednesday evening, kick off 7.45pm