Sports fixtures across Welwyn Hatfield postponed due to snow
SPORTS fixtures for the weekend across Times Territory are being hit by the snow. Rugby and football matches are unlikely to take place in Welwyn Hatfield on Saturday due to the weather. Potters Bar Town s Ryman League Division One North match against Wit
SPORTS fixtures for the weekend across Times Territory are being hit by the snow.
Rugby and football matches are unlikely to take place in Welwyn Hatfield on Saturday due to the weather.
Potters Bar Town's Ryman League Division One North match against Witham Town has already been postponed with the Parkfield pitch covered by a layer of snow.
The Scholars are due to entertain Old Owens in the Potters Bar Charity Cup on Tuesday, kick-off 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
No fixtures have been played in the Spartan South Midlands Football League since last weekend, with all midweek games being called off, including Hatfield Town's derby against Harpenden at Herns Lane.
Hatfield's cup semi-final away to Park Street Village tomorrow (Saturday) is also doubtful.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
Town manager Trevor Lloyd is just waiting for the call to stay the game is off after a pitch inspection.
Herts Stags' RFU U20 National Championship rugby match against Middlesex on Sunday has been wiped out by the cold snap.
The course at Welwyn Garden City Golf Club is likely to remain shut over the weekend, although the Mannicotts clubhouse will be open.
General manager David Spring said: "With the course still under fairly thick snow, and the forecast for freezing weather tonight, the course will almost certainly be closed all this weekend.
"The clubhouse will be open as normal for food at lunchtime on Saturday."
Is your match affected by the weather? Email the sports desk at firstname.lastname@example.org