Sports fixtures across Welwyn Hatfield postponed due to snow
SPORTS fixtures for the weekend across Times Territory are being hit by the snow. Rugby and football matches are unlikely to take place in Welwyn Hatfield on Saturday due to the weather. Potters Bar Town s Ryman League Division One North match against Wit
SPORTS fixtures for the weekend across Times Territory are being hit by the snow.
Rugby and football matches are unlikely to take place in Welwyn Hatfield on Saturday due to the weather.
Potters Bar Town's Ryman League Division One North match against Witham Town has already been postponed with the Parkfield pitch covered by a layer of snow.
The Scholars are due to entertain Old Owens in the Potters Bar Charity Cup on Tuesday, kick-off 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
No fixtures have been played in the Spartan South Midlands Football League since last weekend, with all midweek games being called off, including Hatfield Town's derby against Harpenden at Herns Lane.
Hatfield's cup semi-final away to Park Street Village tomorrow (Saturday) is also doubtful.
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 7 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 8 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
Town manager Trevor Lloyd is just waiting for the call to stay the game is off after a pitch inspection.
Herts Stags' RFU U20 National Championship rugby match against Middlesex on Sunday has been wiped out by the cold snap.
The course at Welwyn Garden City Golf Club is likely to remain shut over the weekend, although the Mannicotts clubhouse will be open.
General manager David Spring said: "With the course still under fairly thick snow, and the forecast for freezing weather tonight, the course will almost certainly be closed all this weekend.
"The clubhouse will be open as normal for food at lunchtime on Saturday."
Is your match affected by the weather? Email the sports desk at email@example.com