Sports fixtures across Welwyn Hatfield postponed due to snow
SPORTS fixtures for the weekend across Times Territory are being hit by the snow. Rugby and football matches are unlikely to take place in Welwyn Hatfield on Saturday due to the weather. Potters Bar Town s Ryman League Division One North match against Wit
SPORTS fixtures for the weekend across Times Territory are being hit by the snow.
Rugby and football matches are unlikely to take place in Welwyn Hatfield on Saturday due to the weather.
Potters Bar Town's Ryman League Division One North match against Witham Town has already been postponed with the Parkfield pitch covered by a layer of snow.
The Scholars are due to entertain Old Owens in the Potters Bar Charity Cup on Tuesday, kick-off 7.45pm.
No fixtures have been played in the Spartan South Midlands Football League since last weekend, with all midweek games being called off, including Hatfield Town's derby against Harpenden at Herns Lane.
Hatfield's cup semi-final away to Park Street Village tomorrow (Saturday) is also doubtful.
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 5 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 6 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 7 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 10 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
Town manager Trevor Lloyd is just waiting for the call to stay the game is off after a pitch inspection.
Herts Stags' RFU U20 National Championship rugby match against Middlesex on Sunday has been wiped out by the cold snap.
The course at Welwyn Garden City Golf Club is likely to remain shut over the weekend, although the Mannicotts clubhouse will be open.
General manager David Spring said: "With the course still under fairly thick snow, and the forecast for freezing weather tonight, the course will almost certainly be closed all this weekend.
"The clubhouse will be open as normal for food at lunchtime on Saturday."
Is your match affected by the weather? Email the sports desk at firstname.lastname@example.org