Spiderman and friends mark opening of Welwyn Garden City school library
SPIDERMAN, Alice in Wonderland and a host of literary creations came together to celebrate the opening of a new school library. Pupils at Commonswood School in WGC dressed up as their favourite characters from the world of literature to mark the official
SPIDERMAN, Alice in Wonderland and a host of literary creations came together to celebrate the opening of a new school library.
Pupils at Commonswood School in WGC dressed up as their favourite characters from the world of literature to mark the official opening.
The library is the result of a year's fundraising, during which �4,000 was gathered by the Friends of Commonswood School for new books.
It was opened by teacher Frances Amoss, who has taught at The Commons-based school for four decades.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Ricci Achillini said the pupils were "transfixed" by the new library.
"More than 400 children took part in the celebration assembly dressed as well known book characters or authors.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
"Staff joined in the fun donning some outrageous costumes which set the day off to a flying start.
"All in all it was a brilliant day that added more inspiration to our lovely school. It was great to be part of such a special day.