Speeding biker hits roundabout in Hatfield
A SPEEDING motorcyclist topping 100mph was hospitalised after crashing into a roundabout, shortly after being spotted by police. Officers noticed the green Kawasaki as it passed their marked car at South Way in Hatfield shortly after 1am
A SPEEDING motorcyclist topping 100mph was hospitalised after crashing into a roundabout, shortly after being spotted by police.
Officers noticed the green Kawasaki as it passed their marked car at South Way in Hatfield shortly after 1am on Sunday.
They began to follow, but the biker sped off.
A police spokeswoman said: "It wasn't a police chase, he zipped past them and they went after him.
You may also want to watch:
"They lost sight of him and continued in the direction he was going."
The officers came across the 20-year-old as he lay strewn over the roundabout at the road's junction with Travellers Lane.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 10 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
The biker was discharged following treatment.