Specialists inspect poplars in Welwyn Garden City
SPECIALIST consultants have been hired to probe WGC s trees for decay, following an incident in which a car was crushed by a falling poplar. Welwyn Hatfield Council has spent �4,000 hiring Harraway Tree Services to inspect
SPECIALIST consultants have been hired to probe WGC's trees for decay, following an incident in which a car was crushed by a falling poplar.
Welwyn Hatfield Council has spent �4,000 hiring Harraway Tree Services to inspect 73 Lombardy poplars in Parkway, Howardsgate and Parkway Close.
This week, the firm used state-of-the-art sonic tomography equipment to examine the trees for internal decay - kit to which the council's own tree officers do not have access.
Harraway, which is based in West Sussex, was commissioned after these officers had carried out their own inspection of 152 poplars in the same area.
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story, see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times, out now
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home