Special day as villager reaches 100
A WOOLMER Green nursing home resident celebrated her 100th birthday this week.
Dorothy Hutchins, who lives at Monread Lodge Nursing & Residential Home, received her card from the Queen on Friday.
She celebrated the milestone with friends and family – one of which travelled across the globe to attend the day.
Dorothy, who lived in Stevenage for 98 years and has two nephews, told the WHT: “I don’t feel 100, I still feel 70 so that’s the age I’m going to stay!
“I am very touched by the cards and birthday wishes from both my friends and family.
You may also want to watch:
“My guests came from all over England and one friend made the journey from China.”
One of 21 children, Dorothy, a former teacher, added: “I’m also very grateful to Monread for giving me a lovely party and a real day to remember.”
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog