'Special announcements' due for Knebworth's Sonisphere Festival
SPECIAL guests for the Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House are due to be announced in the next few days. Organisers of the inaugural hard rock spectacular at the Hertfordshire stately home added Limp Bizkit to the line-up last week. The nu-metal chart-
SPECIAL guests for the Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House are due to be announced in the next few days.
Organisers of the inaugural hard rock spectacular at the Hertfordshire stately home added Limp Bizkit to the line-up last week.
The nu-metal chart-toppers from America will play on the Metallica day - Sunday, August 2 - fresh from a headline-grabbing performance at Download.
Fred Durst and co's addition won't be the last Sonisphere surprise though.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from the festival organisers says: "The Sonisphere is ever closer, the line-up nearly complete, but there are still a couple of special announcements to come.
"Watch this space! Next week."
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences
Linkin Park, currently in the UK charts with New Divide from the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen soundtrack, and metal legends Metallica will headline the main stage over the two days.
Welsh group Bullet for My Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold currently have top billing on the second stage, which will be situated at the opposite end of the festival arena, with set times designed not to clash with the main stage.
The Bohemia stage is for smaller acts, with highlights including a solo acoustic set by Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor and the UK debut of Dirty Little Rabbits, the side project of fellow Slipknot member Shawn Crahan.
The Wildhearts, Sylosis, Rise to Remain and Lauren Harris, who has toured with Iron Maiden, will also play Bohemia.
Organisers have also just revealed details of a fourth stage, the Jagermeister truck, showcasing unsigned British talent.
* Tickets for Sonisphere at Knebworth, including day tickets, are available from City Sounds in WGC, www.seetickets.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk and www.sonispherefestivals.com