Spate of catalytic converter thefts across Welwyn Hatfield
CATALYTIC converters have been stolen from a number of vehicles across Welwyn Hatfield.
A total of 14 vans, trucks and a minibus have been targeted in the last two months, and police have now launched a full investigations.
The thieves have struck at the following places: Watchmead, Swiftfields, Gooseacre, Homestead Lane, Little Ganett, Caponfield, and Thistle Grove in WGC, and Holly Close, Hillside, Oxlease Drive and Great North Road in Hatfield.
Welwyn Hatfield neighbourhood inspector Ian Grout said: “We need people to report any suspicious activity around vans and any suspicious vehicles that the thieves may be using, so that we can catch those responsible.
“If you work in an industrial estate or your neighbours have a van, please take down number plates of any vehicles acting suspiciously and report it to police.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “It is very inconvenient to find damage to your exhaust system not to mention the cost of replacing it.”
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 with any information.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital