Spate of catalytic converter thefts across Welwyn Hatfield
CATALYTIC converters have been stolen from a number of vehicles across Welwyn Hatfield.
A total of 14 vans, trucks and a minibus have been targeted in the last two months, and police have now launched a full investigations.
The thieves have struck at the following places: Watchmead, Swiftfields, Gooseacre, Homestead Lane, Little Ganett, Caponfield, and Thistle Grove in WGC, and Holly Close, Hillside, Oxlease Drive and Great North Road in Hatfield.
Welwyn Hatfield neighbourhood inspector Ian Grout said: “We need people to report any suspicious activity around vans and any suspicious vehicles that the thieves may be using, so that we can catch those responsible.
“If you work in an industrial estate or your neighbours have a van, please take down number plates of any vehicles acting suspiciously and report it to police.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “It is very inconvenient to find damage to your exhaust system not to mention the cost of replacing it.”
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 with any information.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 7 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals