Spate of catalytic converter thefts across Welwyn Hatfield
CATALYTIC converters have been stolen from a number of vehicles across Welwyn Hatfield.
A total of 14 vans, trucks and a minibus have been targeted in the last two months, and police have now launched a full investigations.
The thieves have struck at the following places: Watchmead, Swiftfields, Gooseacre, Homestead Lane, Little Ganett, Caponfield, and Thistle Grove in WGC, and Holly Close, Hillside, Oxlease Drive and Great North Road in Hatfield.
Welwyn Hatfield neighbourhood inspector Ian Grout said: “We need people to report any suspicious activity around vans and any suspicious vehicles that the thieves may be using, so that we can catch those responsible.
“If you work in an industrial estate or your neighbours have a van, please take down number plates of any vehicles acting suspiciously and report it to police.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “It is very inconvenient to find damage to your exhaust system not to mention the cost of replacing it.”
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 with any information.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 7 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog