Donations for Herts autism charity ‘practically non-existent’
- Credit: Archant
A charity providing support to young people with autism and ADHD in Hertfordshire has seen its donations fall by 95 per cent.
However in spite of the setbacks, Herts autism charity SPACE is still providing information, advice, training and support to families on the spectrum or with other neurological conditions.
Karen Spencer, the co-founder of SPACE, said: “One negative is that our fundraising opportunities are practically non–existent and are down by 95 per cent however, SPACE will continue to be there for families, throughout this challenging time.
“We will strive to continue to provide a varied and accessible programme of support until such times as we can resume our normal business.”
The charity also releases regular online cooking at home tutorials, bedtime stories, Minecraft tutor sessions and art and sports classes.
“In addition to this we are running regular quiz nights, covering a range of topics we have found popular amongst our families,” Karen added.
“We are also continuing to offer parent/carer and professional training through online platforms. One positive is that everyone can now access the training as we can now offer these sessions at all times instead of just during the day.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 County Lines supplier sentenced to four years in prison
- 5 'Where are the housing reductions for Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield?'
- 6 Fading 'Hollywood' star makes Welwyn Garden City comeback as A Bunch of Amateurs returns to the Barn Theatre
- 7 Plans to build 80 new flats in Hatfield approved
- 8 Ex-gang leader turned pastor opens up efforts to reduce knife crime in London and beyond
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 Martin Freeman talks about playing a copper in BBC crime drama The Responder
If you need support please follow SPACE Hertfordshire on facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also donate at localgiving.org/charity/space-support-group.