South Mimms parish councillor resigns
- Credit: Archant
A parish councillor in South Mimms has resigned, which could trigger a by-election.
A vacancy has arisen at South Mimms Parish Council after Paul Binstead stepped down as a parish councillor last week.
Chairman councillor Yvonne Harverson accepted his resignation and thanked him for his service to the parish over the previous years.
To trigger a by-election, a written request from ten electors in the parish must be received by Hertsmere Borough Council by Thursday, April 30.
If no request is received then the vacancy will be filled by co-option.
You may also want to watch:
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, all non-essential public meetings have been postponed by the parish council.
The full election notice is available to view on the borough council’s website here: hertsmere.gov.uk/electionnotices.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
Details of all four South Mimms parish councillors and how to contact them are available at southmimms-pc.org.uk.