South Mimms burglar convicted
A BURGLAR who stole more than �9,000 of computer equipment from a council s offices has been convicted. South Mimms man Paul Tillett was captured on CCTV during a raid at Campus West, WGC. The 27-year-old of Gascoyne Close, appeared at Central Herts Magi
A BURGLAR who stole more than �9,000 of computer equipment from a council's offices has been convicted.
South Mimms man Paul Tillett was captured on CCTV during a raid at Campus West, WGC.
The 27-year-old of Gascoyne Close, appeared at Central Herts Magistrates' Court charged with two counts of burglary at Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Tillett pleaded guilty to both offences - the first on October 29, 2007 saw equipment worth �3,296 taken and the second on January 17, 2008 saw �5,191.16 stolen.
He also had two other offences taken into consideration.
The thief was given a three-month suspended jail term on each charge and ordered to pay �450 in compensation to the council.
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 8 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed for more than seven years
He was also ordered to carry out 200 hours unpaid work in the next 12 months.
Chief executive Michel Saminaden said: "Welwyn Hatfield Council is pleased the offender has been brought to justice and would like to thank the police for their efforts in catching and prosecuting him."
A police spokesman said: "Tillett's thoughtless actions caused much inconvenience to the council and we're pleased he has been convicted.
"We're extremely grateful to the WHT for covering this item and printing the CCTV images, which helped in identifying Tillett as being responsible for these crimes.