Sonisphere Festival will return to Knebworth in 2010
FESTIVAL organisers have confirmed that Sonisphere will return to Knebworth Park in 2010. With the inaugural rock and metal festival still in full swing, director Stuart Galbraith took time out to squeeze in a quick press conference. The man behind Sonisp
FESTIVAL organisers have confirmed that Sonisphere will return to Knebworth Park in 2010.
With the inaugural rock and metal festival still in full swing, director Stuart Galbraith took time out to squeeze in a quick press conference.
The man behind Sonisphere declared his happiness with the weekend's achievements.
"In year one we are over the moon," said Galbraith.
You may also want to watch:
"John [Jackson, festival partner] and I have been involved in a variety of roles for different festivals over the years, such as Monsters of Rock, Ozfest, and Download.
"Sonisphere has in its inaugural year sold more tickets than any of those events in their first years.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 8 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
"We have had a total attendance of 80,000 over the weekend - and we are looking forward to building on our first year and touring Sonisphere into an annual fixture in the rock calendar."
Stuart also confirmed that the festival will continue and is already planning Sonisphere Knebworth 2010.
Metal legends Metallica will close this year's festival later this evening.
Linkin Park headlined on Saturday night.