Sonisphere announce deposit scheme for Metallica tickets at Knebworth
ORGANISERS of this summer s rock event at Knebworth have come up with a clever way for cash-strapped music fans to buy tickets. The inaugural Sonisphere Festival takes place at the Hertfordshire stately home on August 1-2. Nu-metal favourites Linkin Park
ORGANISERS of this summer's rock event at Knebworth have come up with a clever way for cash-strapped music fans to buy tickets.
The inaugural Sonisphere Festival takes place at the Hertfordshire stately home on August 1-2.
Nu-metal favourites Linkin Park and rock gods Metallica will headline the two days.
However, tickets for Knebworth cost a whopping �132.50 for the weekend and �157.50 with camping.
You may also want to watch:
Aware that the credit crunch is biting hard, organisers have just announced a deposit scheme to buy tickets in instalments.
A spokesman said: "The decision was taken after success of the Glastonbury deposit scheme and the announcement that Bestival have also introduced a similar scheme.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
"The feedback from our web site forums says you want it too!"
Under the scheme festival goers will be able to pay for their tickets in stages.
An initial bargain-busting �40 secures a weekend ticket, which then gives fans the time to save up for the rest before tickets sell out.
The deposit scheme on weekend and weekend camping tickets is available for a limited time only and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
It will run until the end of April or until the ticket allocation is fully subscribed.
The full balance, plus any extras such as car parking, early arrival and lockers, would then be due by June 30.
Any balances not paid off by then will result in the ticket being released for general sale and the deposit forfeited.
The deposit scheme does not apply to VIP packages
Go to www.sonispherefestivals.com/uk/home for more details.