Sonisphere announce deposit scheme for Metallica tickets at Knebworth
ORGANISERS of this summer s rock event at Knebworth have come up with a clever way for cash-strapped music fans to buy tickets. The inaugural Sonisphere Festival takes place at the Hertfordshire stately home on August 1-2. Nu-metal favourites Linkin Park
ORGANISERS of this summer's rock event at Knebworth have come up with a clever way for cash-strapped music fans to buy tickets.
The inaugural Sonisphere Festival takes place at the Hertfordshire stately home on August 1-2.
Nu-metal favourites Linkin Park and rock gods Metallica will headline the two days.
However, tickets for Knebworth cost a whopping �132.50 for the weekend and �157.50 with camping.
Aware that the credit crunch is biting hard, organisers have just announced a deposit scheme to buy tickets in instalments.
A spokesman said: "The decision was taken after success of the Glastonbury deposit scheme and the announcement that Bestival have also introduced a similar scheme.
- 1 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 2 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 3 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 4 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 8 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 9 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
"The feedback from our web site forums says you want it too!"
Under the scheme festival goers will be able to pay for their tickets in stages.
An initial bargain-busting �40 secures a weekend ticket, which then gives fans the time to save up for the rest before tickets sell out.
The deposit scheme on weekend and weekend camping tickets is available for a limited time only and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
It will run until the end of April or until the ticket allocation is fully subscribed.
The full balance, plus any extras such as car parking, early arrival and lockers, would then be due by June 30.
Any balances not paid off by then will result in the ticket being released for general sale and the deposit forfeited.
The deposit scheme does not apply to VIP packages
Go to www.sonispherefestivals.com/uk/home for more details.