Sonisphere announce deposit scheme for Metallica tickets at Knebworth
ORGANISERS of this summer s rock event at Knebworth have come up with a clever way for cash-strapped music fans to buy tickets. The inaugural Sonisphere Festival takes place at the Hertfordshire stately home on August 1-2. Nu-metal favourites Linkin Park
ORGANISERS of this summer's rock event at Knebworth have come up with a clever way for cash-strapped music fans to buy tickets.
The inaugural Sonisphere Festival takes place at the Hertfordshire stately home on August 1-2.
Nu-metal favourites Linkin Park and rock gods Metallica will headline the two days.
However, tickets for Knebworth cost a whopping �132.50 for the weekend and �157.50 with camping.
You may also want to watch:
Aware that the credit crunch is biting hard, organisers have just announced a deposit scheme to buy tickets in instalments.
A spokesman said: "The decision was taken after success of the Glastonbury deposit scheme and the announcement that Bestival have also introduced a similar scheme.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 7 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
"The feedback from our web site forums says you want it too!"
Under the scheme festival goers will be able to pay for their tickets in stages.
An initial bargain-busting �40 secures a weekend ticket, which then gives fans the time to save up for the rest before tickets sell out.
The deposit scheme on weekend and weekend camping tickets is available for a limited time only and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
It will run until the end of April or until the ticket allocation is fully subscribed.
The full balance, plus any extras such as car parking, early arrival and lockers, would then be due by June 30.
Any balances not paid off by then will result in the ticket being released for general sale and the deposit forfeited.
The deposit scheme does not apply to VIP packages
Go to www.sonispherefestivals.com/uk/home for more details.