Soldier's funeral procession to pass through Welwyn Garden City
A FUNERAL procession for Corporal Daniel Ginty will start at his family home in WGC and wind its way through town tomorrow (Thursday). The parade will leave Beehive Lane at 2.25pm and pass the 26-year-old's two former schools, Stanborough and Applecroft.
A FUNERAL procession for Corporal Daniel Ginty will start at his family home in WGC and wind its way through town tomorrow (Thursday).
The parade will leave Beehive Lane at 2.25pm and pass the 26-year-old's two former schools, Stanborough and Applecroft.
Its journey will also take in his rugby club, Welwyn RFC, on Hobbs Way, the fountain in Parkway and then on to Knightsfield, where it will pass WGC Cricket Club and Monk's Walk School.
A funeral service will take place at St John the Evangelist Church, in Monks Rise, WGC, at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
That will be followed by a service at Harwood Park Crematorium, Watton Road, Knebworth, at 5pm.
A celebration of Dan's life will take place at the Beehive pub, on Beehive Lane, from 6pm.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 9 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
Daniel, who served with the 14th Signal Regiment (Electronic Warfare), was one of three soldiers killed in a car crash in Pembrokeshire, Wales, on Saturday, February 14.