Solar energy grants up for grabs in Potters Bar
RESIDENTS in Potters Bar are being offered up to �3,000 interest free to help install solar electricity systems in their homes.
The loans are being offered by Hertsmere Borough Council, as part of the Herts and Essex Energy Partnership (HEEP), to try and encourage people to switch to renewable energy.
Cllr Jean Heywood, environment portfolio holder, said: “This is a great way for people to switch to cleaner greener energy.
“The prospect of getting a solar system installed can seem daunting at first, but if you can get help towards the cost and in the long-run save money, it really is a good idea.”
It currently costs between �7,000 and �10,000 to install a solar energy system.
You may also want to watch:
However, if you secure a loan from the council, the money you received will be deducted from this total.
Those who have solar systems installed will also be entitled to regular cashback from their energy supplier under a new government clean energy scheme called Feed in Tariffs.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
For more information, click on the link, right