Snow brings down tree near Welwyn Garden City
Drivers help clear road of fallen tree
DRIVERS jumped into action to clear a fallen tree which had blocked a road.
The incident happened at around 8.30am today (Christmas Eve) on Digswell Hill, Welwyn, not far from the Red Lion pub.
As cars queued either side of the obstruction a couple with a 4x4 started work; they hitched a tow rope to their car and pulled the tree to the side of the road.
Some of the waiting motorists joined in to help and then flung strewn branches onto the banks.
You may also want to watch:
Enough room was made to get one lane clear.
Police arrived at the scene shortly afterwards.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
Council contractors arrived to clear the road totally some hours later.