Snow brings down tree near Welwyn Garden City
Drivers help clear road of fallen tree
DRIVERS jumped into action to clear a fallen tree which had blocked a road.
The incident happened at around 8.30am today (Christmas Eve) on Digswell Hill, Welwyn, not far from the Red Lion pub.
As cars queued either side of the obstruction a couple with a 4x4 started work; they hitched a tow rope to their car and pulled the tree to the side of the road.
Some of the waiting motorists joined in to help and then flung strewn branches onto the banks.
You may also want to watch:
Enough room was made to get one lane clear.
Police arrived at the scene shortly afterwards.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
Council contractors arrived to clear the road totally some hours later.