Snow brings down tree near Welwyn Garden City
Drivers help clear road of fallen tree
DRIVERS jumped into action to clear a fallen tree which had blocked a road.
The incident happened at around 8.30am today (Christmas Eve) on Digswell Hill, Welwyn, not far from the Red Lion pub.
As cars queued either side of the obstruction a couple with a 4x4 started work; they hitched a tow rope to their car and pulled the tree to the side of the road.
Some of the waiting motorists joined in to help and then flung strewn branches onto the banks.
You may also want to watch:
Enough room was made to get one lane clear.
Police arrived at the scene shortly afterwards.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 6 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 9 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 10 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
Council contractors arrived to clear the road totally some hours later.