Slipknot pair to play Sonisphere's new third stage at Knebworth
TWO members of American heavy metal band Slipknot will make their UK festival debuts at Sonisphere this summer. Organisers of the rock event at Knebworth House from July 30 to August 2 have confirmed details of a late night third stage. And Slipknot s Corey Taylor a
TWO members of American heavy metal band Slipknot will make their UK festival debuts at Sonisphere this summer.
Organisers of the rock event at Knebworth House from July 30 to August 2 have confirmed details of a late night third stage.
And Slipknot's Corey Taylor and Shawn Crahan's outfit Dirty Little Rabbits will both perform on the new Bohemia Stage.
Shawn Crahan, aka The Clown, will be flying in from Iowa to bring his hotly tipped rock project Dirty Little Rabbits to UK audiences for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
He is excited about the prospect.
"I know all too well about how accepting and exciting UK audiences can be, so it makes sense that we're bringing the art to them first.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
"I look forward to bringing Dirty Little Rabbits to the world. The invasion begins.”
Accompanying him on the flight over will be his partner in crime, Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor, who will give a first solo performance in this country.
"I'm very excited to be a part of this festival," said Corey.
"It'll be the first show of its kind I've ever done in the UK, and I think there are many fans who’ve waited long enough to see it.
"It's one of the greatest joys in the world to me [playing acoustic] and I cannot wait to get over there and share that with the fans."
The main stage will be headlined by Linkin Park on the Saturday and rock gods Metallica on August 2.