Sledgehammer used in raid at Hatfield bank
TWO men wielding a sledgehammer and an iron bar attacked two guards making a cash pick-up at a bank in Hatfield.
Just after midnight on Wednesday morning the two security guards arrived at Santander in the town centre.
The attacked happened inside the bank and the two men ran off on foot with the cash box through Market Place towards Queensway.
Scenes of crime officers were on the scene and took a bag of evidence away with them.
Dc Katy Jackson is investigating the incident and said: “Although the men were attacked during the incident, they suffered very minor injuries and did not require hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
“We are following a number of lines of enquiry and would like to speak with the two men pictured in relation to this offence.”
*Officers have released four CCTV stills of two men they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 8 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 10 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
If you know the men in the pictures, or have any other information, call the police on the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 – you do not have to give your name, but could be entitled to a Crimestoppers cash reward.