Sledgehammer used in raid at Hatfield bank
TWO men wielding a sledgehammer and an iron bar attacked two guards making a cash pick-up at a bank in Hatfield.
Just after midnight on Wednesday morning the two security guards arrived at Santander in the town centre.
The attacked happened inside the bank and the two men ran off on foot with the cash box through Market Place towards Queensway.
Scenes of crime officers were on the scene and took a bag of evidence away with them.
Dc Katy Jackson is investigating the incident and said: “Although the men were attacked during the incident, they suffered very minor injuries and did not require hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
“We are following a number of lines of enquiry and would like to speak with the two men pictured in relation to this offence.”
*Officers have released four CCTV stills of two men they would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 9 Hatfield Battle Proms concert is still going ahead as planned this summer
- 10 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
If you know the men in the pictures, or have any other information, call the police on the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 – you do not have to give your name, but could be entitled to a Crimestoppers cash reward.