Sixty years fly by for diamond Welwyn Garden City couple
"GIVE and take".That is the secret to a long and healthy marriage, according to one couple from WGC who celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary last week. Ron and Joyce Bedford marked their diamond wedding with a small family gathering on Thursday, bef
"GIVE and take". That is the secret to a long and healthy marriage, according to one couple from WGC who celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary last week.
Ron and Joyce Bedford marked their diamond wedding with a small family gathering on Thursday, before heading off to Wiltshire for a weekend break.
Speaking to the Welwyn & Hatfield Times at his Howlands home, Ron said the last 60 years had flown by.
"It goes very quickly," the 81-year-old said.
You may also want to watch:
But he laughed: "We are looking forward to the next 60 years!"
The couple, who are originally from London, have lived in WGC for nearly 52 years.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 5 What time will the election results come in?
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault
But despite the length of time they have spent together, Joyce said their marriage had been "quite easy".
"I have got no complaints," the 78-year-old smiled.
"It is a question of give and take, learning to understand one another and sort out problems without throwing things and screaming and shouting at one another."
Ron, a former engineer, and Joyce, an ex-Welwyn Hatfield Council worker, have three sons, namely Steve, 58, Leslie, 55 and Raymond, 53.
They also have seven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.