Six cars torched in suspected arson attack
A MAN was arrested following a suspected arson attack on a rural car dealership.
Three Smart cars and three Maseratis were torched on the forecourt of Rennsport Engineering, in the Claggy Road industrial estate in Kimpton in the early hours of last Wednesday.
Fire crews from Wheathampstead and Harpenden were called at 3.30am and used two hose reels and two jets to douse the flames.
They also had to make safe a large gas canister which was under threat.
A fire service spokeswoman described the cause of the blaze as doubtful, although police later said it was being treated as arson.
You may also want to watch:
A 42-year-old man detained following the incident has been released on police bail until next month.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?