Six cars torched in suspected arson attack
A MAN was arrested following a suspected arson attack on a rural car dealership.
Three Smart cars and three Maseratis were torched on the forecourt of Rennsport Engineering, in the Claggy Road industrial estate in Kimpton in the early hours of last Wednesday.
Fire crews from Wheathampstead and Harpenden were called at 3.30am and used two hose reels and two jets to douse the flames.
They also had to make safe a large gas canister which was under threat.
A fire service spokeswoman described the cause of the blaze as doubtful, although police later said it was being treated as arson.
You may also want to watch:
A 42-year-old man detained following the incident has been released on police bail until next month.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say