Six arrested in Welwyn Hatfield after drugs bust
SIX men have been arrested as part of a police drugs operation in Welwyn Hatfield.
They were arrested last week for a variety of offences, including possession of crack-cocaine and heroin, aggravated burglary, causing GBH, and handling stolen goods.
They follow two aggravated burglaries – one in Roe Green Lane, Hatfield, on September 5 and another in Ludwick Way, WGC, on September 12.
The arrests were carried out by Hertfordshire Constabulary’s anti-drugs Operation Crystal team.
Chief inspector Dave Newsome said: “Although Welwyn Hatfield does not have a serious drugs problem, we are determined to do everything we can to hinder those involved in the supply and trade of illegal drugs and act immediately on reports of drugs-related activity in the local area.
You may also want to watch:
“To those involved in the drugs trade – the message is, we will not tolerate illegal drugs in our communities and will come after you if we suspect you are involved.”
All of the men arrested are from London, Bedfordshire and Kent and aged in their 20s.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
Two have been charged with offences, while the others are due to answer bail on various dates next month.