Six arrested in Welwyn Hatfield after drugs bust
SIX men have been arrested as part of a police drugs operation in Welwyn Hatfield.
They were arrested last week for a variety of offences, including possession of crack-cocaine and heroin, aggravated burglary, causing GBH, and handling stolen goods.
They follow two aggravated burglaries – one in Roe Green Lane, Hatfield, on September 5 and another in Ludwick Way, WGC, on September 12.
The arrests were carried out by Hertfordshire Constabulary’s anti-drugs Operation Crystal team.
Chief inspector Dave Newsome said: “Although Welwyn Hatfield does not have a serious drugs problem, we are determined to do everything we can to hinder those involved in the supply and trade of illegal drugs and act immediately on reports of drugs-related activity in the local area.
You may also want to watch:
“To those involved in the drugs trade – the message is, we will not tolerate illegal drugs in our communities and will come after you if we suspect you are involved.”
All of the men arrested are from London, Bedfordshire and Kent and aged in their 20s.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Two have been charged with offences, while the others are due to answer bail on various dates next month.